Sunday, March 15, 2009

Swimming

This is a post that Mike never published. It was completed and in a folder marked “to post” along with several others. I'm not sure what order they were written in, but I decided to post this one first. ~ James.


Ever make a comment jokingly and then realize that you would actually do what ever it was if you had the chance. Well, maybe not exactly what you said, but something similar or in the same spirit.

I left a comment on someones journal the other day about swimming across the ocean. After thinking about it I realized that, while not the best swimmer in the world, I would be tempted to travel across the ocean to meet someone. If it were not for the fact that I am a pretty big coward when it comes to meeting other people, especially people that I might like, I could have a really good social life. I guess I'm just too used to being alone.

Oh, well. The romantic side rears its head and is swiftly beat back down like an errant mole. Whack!!

4 comments:

becomingkate said...

I wish he would have listened to his romantic side more. Not that a relationship changes everything, but it definitely helps to have someone share the burdens. Thank you, James. Hope you're feeling better!

ctmedz said...

Hi James,
Great to see you back and feeling better. It means so much to us that you are sharing more of Mikes thoughts and writings~~thank you for doing this.

Doug said...

I know what he meant here, for sure. I almost never approached attractive and/or likeable females.

Fake-brunette lives said...

Joining the dots
this was in my journal
I often wonder what is in peoples heads as they write
thank you for sharing this with me
it was a line at the time that made me smile
it is funny how we touch each other

Post a Comment