Sunday, February 15, 2009

In Memoria

On Wednesday there is going to be a small service for Mike. After that we will be going on a cruise on the Pacific in order to fulfill Mike's final wishes. A thousand miles away from any land we will scatter his ashes at sea along with one white rose.

We have discussed what we might do with this blog. He gave us permission to do what we want with it, but we aren't sure what would be appropriate. We have considered doing the following:

*Posting a farewell message and then leaving it as it is.

*Periodically posting some of his writing.

*Posting our memories and other things about Mike as kind of an ongoing remembrance.

Because he chose to share his thoughts and life with you, we would like for you to let us know what you would like to see happen with this blog. If you prefer any of the ideas we have, or if you have any other ideas or thoughts, we would appreciate hearing them.

Mike touched more people than he thought, and we believe that those he touched should help us decide how to honor his memory.

_

7 comments:

becomingkate said...

First, I think it's wonderful that you're doing this. Can you tell us a little more about Mike, and how you knew him?
I would also read any of his other writings, so if you post them, that would be nice.

Doug said...

I think it more appropriate for his real life friends to determine the fate of his blog, but it would be good to read his writing, yes.

I found in my archive the photos he spoke of in his last words to me, with the comment he made at the time. I would be happy to send everything he saw and commented on that I can find in that archive. It dates from Nov 28/07 to June 22/08.
netmaledATgmailDOTcom

Dorrie said...

Since I only got to know him since the JS crash and when he signed up to my forum, I would love to read what he had written before.

Fake-brunette lives said...

oh my god I'm stunned why why why
I haven't been writing or posting I go to check and I find this please tell me this is a joke
I'm really upset
x

Fake-brunette lives said...

this is the last comment he left me

Dating is about as appealing as a trip to the dentist. A lot of uncomfortable probing and pain that results in numbness and a bad taste in your mouth.

he made me laugh and he used to joke about wishing he could swim accross to see me.

He told me that I had won him as a prize
I missed him while his internet was getting fixed up at his new place

THis must be so hard for you I'm really sorry
Lesleyx

Anonymous said...

This is from Pastor Larry's blog. I don't know if the two of them knew each other or if they did, if they agreed with each other but it is fitting today, I think. I am sorry for Mike and those who knew and loved him, our worlds touched only briefly and fitfully.

“Each Life is a Song”
By Charles F. Little, Jr.

A life is like a song we write
In our own tone and key,
Each life we touch reflects a note
That forms the melody.

We choose the theme and chorus
Of the song to bear our name,
And each will have a special sound,
No two can be the same.

So when someone we love departs,
In memory we find
Their song plays on within the hearts
Of those they leave behind."

May he find the peace that life denied him.

Fijufic said...

See you on the other side...

Post a Comment